Sunday, July 12, 2015

The Healthy Edit - Mini Quiche & Healthy Pizza

Lately I've been in a bit of a food slump - I honestly feel like I eat the same few dishes ever few weeks and that I am getting a bit bored with myself - its not just me either, my husband has been making comments about trying to incorporate new foods into our diet and honestly i couldn't agree more.

So over the past few weeks I have been slowly experimenting with our meals and adding in new and healthy foods that really are yummy!

These two are honestly favourites by far of the many meal recipes I have been trying (desserts are a whole other post)  and honestly they are probably the easiest. 

Healthy Pizzas
Made up of a whole bunch of ingredients in my fridge and chucked in the oven to fill a pizza craving that we all know isn't good for us? sounds about perfect to me. These Pizzas were so yummy & honestly healthy that I don't know that my husband or I will ever be able to go back to the fast food types. 

Ingredients: Wholemeal mini pita, baby spinach, egg, garlic, tomato paste, light cheese, roasted peppers, cracked pepper, oregano ( you could easily add onion, tomatoes etc), oven baked for 10- 15 mins or until crispy at 180 degrees.

Mini Quiches
Throw a whole bunch of raw ingredients into a muffin pan and bake in the oven for 20 mins and you have a meal? Thats honestly how easy this recipe is! These were a true favourite with my husband and I think they are honestly a breakfast, lunch or dinner food! We served ours with a piece of buttered toast but you can honestly have them on their own and they are truly satisfying. They are also dairy, gluten and sugar free!

Ingredients:baby spinach, bacon, red peppers, garlic, cracked pepper, lightly salted, beaten egg poured into muffin tins and baked at 180 degrees for 20 mins.

I have been really enjoying these recipes and i hope your family loves them just as much as mine!

Stay tuned for more healthy recipes!

Thankyou for reading

Jess xx

No comments:

Post a Comment